/ 20.9.10 / 10 Comments / Awards
Sharing the Love... Two Lovely Blog Awards...to be passed on to YOU! (Check out some Funny Photos!)
Trudy of Sewing with Trudy gave me this award and I'm supposed to tell you ten things about me that you may not know and then pass this on to five more bloggers. (I'll be sharing about the award Jill of Blessings of a Stay At Home Mom gave me on Tuesday.)
So here it goes... Umm Let's see... Well, this will be hard because I think I tell you guys everything about me that you could possibly want to know. I'm wondering if there IS anything about me that I haven't told you all!
1. Well, I talk too much. (Yipes! My secret is out!) I think I was probably BORN to be a blogger. Mom used to tell me all the time at the stores as a little girl, "Donna, You don't have to tell EVERYONE your WHOLE life story!". I honestly don't think I've ever met a stranger! I love being open and real with everyone and having you be the same with me. Blogging is super fun!
2. Tea is my VERY favorite drink. And I really will drive a very long ways and pay a lot to have GOOD tea. I just can't stand a bad glass of ice tea! My favorite places to buy a decent glass of ice tea are Hastings (Hardback Cafe), Chick-fil-A, Sub-way, and of course, Starbucks. I like it strong and I want it made with good water (like my well water or bottled water). Here you see me and my friend Shannon of Room for More on vacation together. Bright minds think alike!
Rebekah, Andrew, Jacob, Christian, and Matthew
(Now 19, 21, 18, 16, and 24)
3. I used to NOT sew or craft or do anything but take care of toddlers. In fact, my teenagers USED to be little! Can you believe it?
4. I LOVE chickens! I once had 35 chickens..and they all had names. :o) This one is Freckles. I hope to get a new brood this fall when Tim gets the coop reinforced and protected from foxes.
5. Tim and I and our kids all love dressing up. Any excuse will do! In fact, I love sewing costumes. I hope to share a few good ideas for cheap costumes with you one of these days. The thrift store is the best place to start. :o)
6. We camped on our honeymoon! We just love camping, fishing, caving, hiking and photography. We had a wonderful time in Arkansas. In fact, our second oldest son and his wife are planning a camping trip with us for this Thanksgiving.
7. I love cake decorating, but haven't made one in quite a while now. The sewing has kind of taken over I guess. I make up my own designs most of the time, but sometimes I use ideas from the Wilton magazine.
8. My husband works from home in an office we built. That's one of the most interesting things I ever learned to do. I would really love to build furniture someday.
9. If I went back to college to finish my degree, I wouldn't get it in Accounting (which was my original major), I'd get it in Home Economics and then teach underprivileged young women the basic skills of homemaking, maybe through the county extension office. I taught all these girls and some of their moms how to sew a few summers back.
10. Me and my family, really love the Lord. That's probably the most important thing I would ever want you to know about me. If it weren't for the Lord, and His word, and His grace, I wouldn't be here now. I was once really wild, for about five years, from 18-23. It's a miracle that I'm alive today and have such a wonderful life. I thank the Lord every day for turning my life around!
And now, I would love to pass this award on to five bloggers. (I have another award to give out later in the week too.) It's so hard to pick only five! If you want this award, just copy and paste the award in your sidebar or where ever, tell 10 things about yourself that your readers might not know, and then pass it on to five lovely bloggers! Thanks again Trudy of Sewing With Trudy, for giving this to me! Be sure to visit her--she's my favorite seamstress and a great blogging friend and mentor too. :o)
1. Maria Killam of Color Me Happy has a fabulous blog and is such an inspiration to me. If you need any help decorating or painting, you can probably find it on her blog.She's a professional interior designer and color expert and teaches great decorating and painting concepts on her blog regularly. She also does online consultations for VERY reasonable prices. And she's a super sweet blogging friend. :o)
2. Gloria's Blog VivaLaVida. Gloria is a wonderful painter, gardener, cook, and blogging friend. Once you get to know her, you won't ever miss a chance to hang out at her place. She is so faithful to comment and I love how laid back she is. (The opposite of me-Ha!)
3. Ky of The Miss Ky Way - Ky has a blog that is mostly about thrifting in AUSTRALIA! (I wrongly said England) I KNOW she's from Austraila, but I wrote this post REALLY late. She sounds English but I'm not sure why I think so. :o) I'm always learning something new from Ky who is one of my newer followers. She posts the most unusual photos of things she finds at thrift shops. I love it because most of it seems so very retro and antique and not at all American. I'm always fascinated with the stuff she comes up with and her photos are super! She even inspired me and Rebekah to make scones this week for 'elevensies'..after she explained what that is of course!
4.Caroline of Church Sexy - She always wears something new and posts a picture each day. She loves to dress nice for her hubby. I think that is so awesome! Whatever she wears is something handmade, or purchased from a thrift store. She inspires me to take a little extra trouble each day to dress nicely. Some day, I'm going to drive to College Station and visit her!
5. Jill of Blessings of a Stay at Home Mom - Jill is one of my newer readers and has been visiting quite often. She posts the sweetest photos of her little girls and what they are doing each day. I love seeing what she is up to. If you are a mom of young children, you will want to drop by for inspiration. :o)
I received another award which I will be passing on to several more of you, in particular, some of you fellow Grandmothers, who have been so encouraging to me. :o) So check back later!
By the way, this next week or so, I will be posting a Scone recipe, How to Re-furbish an Old Sewing Machine, Stocking up for a Hurricane (or other emergency), and Cleaning and Organizing Your Pantry, What to do with TEN pounds of Defrosted Ground Beef, Where to Buy CHEAP Glasses, Children's Books for Lena for $0.25 each, plus How to Make a Crazy Quilt Heart all in the next week or so. So stop by when you get a chance!
Have a great week!