/ 28.6.10 / 10 Comments / Organization
Ten Projects in Ten Days...Halfway Point Progress Report
It's always that way with me... I make a list of 10 things I'm going to do and then I do 10 other things that really needed to be done just as much..instead! Do you ever have that problem?
I don't mind as long as I'm not PROCRASTINATING! That's the kink. It's easy to ignore the list of 'should do's" and do the "want to's" instead. :o)
Six Things I worked on that were ON the list!
- Arrange a whole week off to sew couch cushion covers while ALL children are gone. Date: July 4-10 (well..it IS progress!)
- Got budget done and bills paid.
- Lost 2.5 pounds!! Stuck to diet over weekend of travel to Dallas. :o)
- Downloaded some material from the internet for son to study for driver's test next week.
- Borrowed Mom's sewing machine so I can sew ruffles and cushions. (Got it from Denton.)
- Pulled box out of storage so I can ship Dad's mementos to family.
Ten Things I Did This Week that were NOT on the list:
- Attended graduation party near Dallas and visited Fort Worth Stockyards with the kids' friends (per their request).
- Pulled Photos together and emailed to Jeff Yeager for his interview on the Today show--We're going to be on TV!! ( via the photos..not in person:o) They will be showing pictures of the families who were featured in his new book, The Cheapskate Next Door. Our copy is in the mail, he said. :o
- Made colored glycerin soaps in molds of turtles and bugs with the grandkids
- Took Amanda, daughter-in-law to Antique Shops (each child had a 'guardian') :o)
- Cleaned the house and arranged beautifully. Posted photos for friend who will be giving me an interior decorating consultation tomorrow!! Yippee!!
- Danced at our Just for Fun dance (with our teenage club in Tomball, the Grand Squares) to help kick off our new summer lessons. So fun!!
- Got website updated and revised per Brent Rigg's advice after having a blog critique.
- Took Grandkids to feed the ducks, hear a band, watch a puppet show, and buy a 'safe' slushie at Sonic.
- Started a batch of Combucha Mushroom tea.Bought new clothes from the thrift store..since old ones were too big. Hurrah!
- Helped get 15 yr. old on healthy diet to try to alleviate his seasonal allergies. I'm so proud that he is sticking with it!