/ 19.4.10 / 9 Comments / Crafts , decluttering , homemaking , house cleaning , Menu Plan , Organization , sewing
Monday Morning Challenge! April Menus, Deep Clean a Room, Sewing Projects in Progress
How did things go last week? Did you get everything done that you had hoped to? Me neither..though I did get quite a bit finished.
This week, I got these things done…
- Sold appliances
- Started Weight Loss Blog
- Sewed 3 couch cushion covers
- Did 75% of my “How to Re-Cover Couch Cushions”post. It’s a doosey!
- Sent Dad’s paperwork for the house and paid the bills!
- Made Menu Plan for April
Hurrah for me!!! (And why shouldn’t I cheer myself on? I deserved a little pat on the back!)
Now it’s your turn….I want to post a few ‘challenges’ for you to consider this week.
This Monday’s Cleaning Challenge:
First, if you are up for it, I’d like us to tackle two rooms this week-the bathroom and one other room—your choice! For me, the second room will be the sewing room. It gets cluttered pretty quickly!
Two of my followers have already been doing a great job at this..Deb of Jeremiah 29:11 and Shannon of Room for More. Great job, Girls!
I've been putting off cleaning my craft room...but today, I'm tackling it...still have a long way to go, but I can see progress!!! Yesterday, I cleaned out the boy's toys and have a huge bag to give to my daughter for her to sale at a church yard sale. Decluttering makes me happy...so why don't I do it more often?!?!? Congrats on selling the fridge!
Room for More said..
Since you 'introduced' procrastination day, I have been following through! Today, I need to get a couple of things up on WOL/Craigslist that Rhea has been asking to put up, mend couch pillows, and clean the fireplace rock/chimney. Okay, I need to get after it!
Here are the assignments from my monthly cleaning chart for the bathroom for this week:
Week 3 - Main Bathroom and Child's Room (or Office)
- Launder: Wash area rugs, curtains, (shower curtain if necessary), Bedspread, mattress pad, and dust ruffle (turn mattress)
- Floors: Vacuum, sweep, scrub and/ or wax floors
- Scrub toilet, shower door, tub (use Bathroom cleaner for water deposits and scum)
- Dust high and low, (ceiling fans, floorboards,) cobwebs, polish furniture and wood
- Clean windows, mirrors, switch plates, walls and doors, medicine cabinet, dresser tops (409/ Windex)
If you would like to pick a different room click here for the whole monthly cleaning plan chart.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Pizza…click here for recipe
Suggested Menu Plan for April
Here is one week of menu ideas for April. The rest are posted on the April Menu’s page.
- Roast Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Baked Whole Greenbeans
- Sloppy Joe Casserole, Peas and Carrots,
- Grilled Pork Chops, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Steamed Zucchini
- Chicken Fajitas, Mexican Rice, and Refried Beans (use leftovers from Monday)
- Spinach & Swiss Cheese Pizza, and Cranberry-Almond Salad
- Brisket, Southern Style Green beans and Whipped Potatoes
- Chicken Pot Pie and Tossed Salad, Cantaloupe spears
- Grilled Steaks with Sautéed Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus, Fruit Salad
Set Some New Goals for This Week!
I literally have my work ‘cut out for me’ this week!Not only do I have few things left over from last week to do, but I had to add a couple of new ones also. I still have to ….
- Do my monthly grocery shopping
- Make quesadillas
- Sew more couch cushion covers
- Work on Driver’s Ed with Jacob
DAILY: Exercise Daily on My Walking Machine
- Finish knitting purple scarf for Laura
- Hem pants for a friend
- Hire someone to Mow the Lawn in Grand Prairie
- Take the truck back to the auto place while still under warranty.
- Help friend with fundraising project for the National debate tournament
Ah well, that is the nature of a to do list. It’s never quite done! But we do have to decided what is important. For me the grocery shopping, furniture covers, car repair, and lawn mowing (got a warning from the city…oops the grass is growing in Grand Prairie too.) must be done..do or die!
Well, as I always say, "Let’s make hay while the sun shines!!”
Have a Marvelous Monday!